POSTURE ALIGNMENT IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are suffering from chronic pain and want to find long lasting relief.
- You have a recurring injury and want to address the underlying cause, not just treat the symptom.
- You are an athlete and want to stay injury free, optimize performance, and extend your career.
- You want to avoid surgery and improve your health.
- You want to improve your posture, the way you look and how you feel.
Why is Posture so Important?
When we are out of alignment we lose our stability and mobility. Examples of what can result are inflammatory responses to over-stressed tendons and bursa and unequal loading of the inter-vertebral discs, laxity of ligaments, muscle pain, joint issues and headaches.
When we lose our efficient functioning position the nervous, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems can all be affected. For example, the internal organs can become compressed or misaligned, neural pathways are disrupted or impaired, and venous or arterial blood flow can be compromised. These scenarios can contribute to a multitude of medical problems.
What to expect at your Postural Assessment
We will go over your body’s story, analyze your movements including gait, and take photos to get a good posture assessment. Then a menu of exercises for your individual needs will be given which you will practice. A copy will be sent to you with pictures and videos too. The first visit can take from 1.5 to 2 hours.